We have a new position available for someone who is passionate about the internet and has skills in Web Development, primarily front-end. We are looking for someone to join our small talented team and become part of the family. We’re a small company with big ambition and we’re growing fast. It’s exciting with lots of opportunity and if this for you then read no more and skip to the application stage because we want to talk to you. If you need to know more then continue reading.
To manage and develop high quality websites for a portfolio of clients using the latest technologies and working directly with the designers and project manager.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience, knowledge and understanding in web design and web development. We strongly believe in best practices and therefore the right candidate will hold these values as well.
The right candidate will also be able to take Huckley* for walkies…
*Huckley is not a real dog, please don’t feed him.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2013
Position Start Date: September/October 2013
Provisionally a full time role but hours will be negotiable in the first few months.
Salary: £18,000 – £21,500 + commission available. Negotiable based on experience.
About Us & Where The Role Fits In
We’re a small startup (3 years) full service digital agency based in Edinburgh and we’re growing fast; it’s an exciting and fast paced environment. This means you will be dealing directly with the managing director and the clients.
We love what we do and do what we love. We work hard and play hard. We believe in building relationships and not just completing a task. We are here to achieve and to have fun while we do it. We want every single team member to grow as an individual as a key part of the company.
Quality of service and over delivering come as standard and we love seeing happy clients. Our environment is not corporate or stuffy it’s modern, productive and interesting.
- Liaise with clients directly
- Implementation of high level industry standard web development techniques
- Effectively manage the communication and deliverables for all clients
- Plan, organise and develop all client deliverables
- Provision of client deliverables as per contract
- Identify and pursue client upsell opportunities
- Update clients on major industry developments – This covers our ethos of adding value and over delivering
- Conduct and deliver high standard client meetings and presentations
- Conduct and deliver high standard client training as required
- The ability to self manage and to independently manage and take ownership of a portfolio of clients
- Demonstrate continued increase in knowledge of Web Development, Web Design and all digital channels
- Keep up to date with industry and technical developments and integrate recent developments into client websites
- Work towards KPIs and objectives
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Fulfill any other reasonable administrative duties as required
- Design experience highly preferred
- A creative mind to come up with clever solutions in any scenario
- Strong understanding in WordPress Codex
- Experience (preferred – not essential) in ASP.NET and Python
- Good understanding of responsive CSS and design is essential
- Familiarisation with on-site SEO techniques is preferred
- Photoshop experience
- Codeigniter (or similar) experience preferred
- Server management experience preferred, specifically Linux
- Cloud hosting experience preferred
- Knowledge of project management techniques such as SCRUM
- Understanding of the internet in general
- Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and experience using analytics tools
- Ability to manage relationships
- Excellent ability to prioritise and manage own workload to deliver on time or ahead of schedule
- Willingness to undertake training and development as required
- Highly proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel OR Mac Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
If this is you, get in touch with us and let’s have a chat!
No agencies please. Agencies will be ignored.